Lockheed Martin have just released hotfix 1 for Prepar3D v4! We should see the 777-300 being released soon as PMDG stated they were waiting on the hotfix
The Prepar3D team is excited to announce the first Hotfix update to Prepar3D v4.0 (188.8.131.5286). It can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
It addresses many reports and requests from our forum users.
For those that are interested in updating, only the Client installer is required for Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1. The Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v4 installed to utilize the Client only installer.
To install the new Client, you must first uninstall your current Prepar3D v4 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel.
The Prepar3D v4.0 update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection or have not made any major hardware changes between installations this should not be an issue. For more information please view the Prepar3D v4 Download and Installation Directions.
The newly posted Prepar3D v4 (184.108.40.20686) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes the Hotfix.
Please be aware that some third developers might have to update their add-ons to be compatible with the hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
Prepar3D v4.0 Hotfix 1
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue in VR views that prevented dynamic lighting in the right eye
- Fixed memory leak related to external views and vehicle textures
- Fixed for performance impact when entering and then exiting VR
- Fixed text label size mismatches in VR
- Fixed the F-16 speedbrakes
- Corrected an issue where when saving a scenario from startup screen it would not respected after a reset
- Preventing vehicle sounds from playing during load
- Fixed a crash on startup due to controllers using bad port and hub values
- Added an unobtrusive watermark for developer licenses
- Fix for a crash when using index 0 with playload stations
- Fix for ICAO entries in the Logbook
- Corrected the clickable mouse area of the RadarGauge
- Added the Delete Scenario button back to the Scenario user interface
- Fixed for effect texture orientations being flipped (e.g. coastline waves)
- Fixed for the Graphics Profile Name not syncing with the correct saved graphics settings
- Fixed issue related to the flag SIMCONNECT_CLIENT_DATA_PERIOD_ON_SET not working with SimConnect_RequestClientData
- Corrected issues with autogen Annotator building selection that would result in missed or incorrect selections
- Interface windows will no longer move behind main window when losing focus
- Fixed Logbook issue that was preventing logging start/end points
- Corrected various issues with the Flight Instructor user interface
- Added pitch, bank, heading to the GPS broadcast capabilities for electronic flight bags
- Updated various XML configuration file encodings
- Corrected a commands binding error with the Steering Set key
- Fixed null terminating string issue when using RequestDataOnSimObject with ATC strings
- Fixed issue preventing the vehicle preview screen from rendering in the New Scenario window
- Changed the default textbox to ICAO for the Select Airport user interface
- Fixed multiplayer crash when using Direct IP connections
- Fixed errant river feature in ocean QMID 50,31 (West Africa)
- No longer instantiating radios if they are not configured for an object
- Fixed an issue where the vehicle preview window would not render in certain views
- Fixed an issue where View Group selection would be out of sync with the context menu
- Fixed an issue where undocking views would not immediately be processed
- Fixed unicode issues with Traffic Toolbox
- Fixed an issue where second UV channels were not correctly being exported to .X files
- Fixed scenery.cfg encoding issue after leaving the Scenery Library view
- Fixed an issue where SimConnect applications were receiving the wrong event id
- Fixed an issue regarding minimum temperature in the Advanced Weather view
- Fixed an issue where the Scenery Library was not reporting all errors
- The Select Airport view’s ICAO search box is now above other search boxes
- Minor layout updates to the Select Airport screen
- Content error reports will now have more detailed XML parse error messages
- Fixed a crash in the Shp2Vec tool when compiling polygons with less than three points
- Fixed an issue where malformed DLL.xml and EXE.xml files would cause Add-on DLL and EXE to fail to load
- Fixed an issue where multiplayer settings were not correctly assigned when using the Direct Connect method
- Added reverse thrust axis events
- Fixed issues with certain locale settings
- Fixed incorrect locations of certain buildings and bridges in Instanbul
- Traffic settings now save again in Graphics Profiles
- Added exception handling for error that would occur when certain audio codecs were installed
- Fixed crash that could occur when making modifications to the Scenery Library with add-on scenery
- Fixed issue that caused stars to draw in the incorrect order
- Added Show Only Favorites button back to Vehicle Select Screen
Since May 30th 2017 the new 64 bit Prepar3D v4 is available on Prepar3D.com.
A lot of add ons are compatible with the release. So go and get your copy now and enter the future of ESP based flight simulation.
The Prepar3D v4 release brings many exciting changes and enhancements to the platform. This new release completely changes the simulation landscape with a comprehensive baseline update to a 64-bit architecture. Higher resolution visuals, more objects, increased data precision, larger scenarios, and improved performance are now all possible at levels never seen before in the product’s history. The sky’s not the limit!
Additionally, the Prepar3D v4 release brings dynamic lighting, rain/snow particles, global 3D trees, increased autogen draw distances, a fully reworked software development kit (SDK), new default vehicles, and an extensive list of other features and improvements.
Prepar3D v4 continues the tradition of being the most affordable high-fidelity visual simulation platform on the market.
The PMDG 747 v3 QOTS2 will not go X-Plane
As Robert S. Randazzo, CEO of PMDG announced on Avsim the PMDG 747 v3 QOTS2 will not be seen in X-Plane. Might be quite a shock to X-Plane Users who already were hoping so. So the DC-6 will be the only PMDG aircraft available for X-Plane useres.
Want more news ? Check out Frooglesim's Youtube channel
We support Froogle and his YouTube channel. Follow him and get great flight simulation videos, news and more on his channel.
Btw. you may consider to follow us on our YouTube channel as well ;)